Although the Palomar StarLux 500 is no longer in production, it remains an excellent laser and pulsed light system that will round out any medical practice. The StarLux 500 is the next generation system for the StarLux 300 which is also still a great aesthetic laser system.
Aside from the ability to deliver a wide variety of aesthetic treatments, the StarLux 500 is truly one of the fastest systems on the used market. It offers 70% more power than its competitors, allowing for more treatments delivered in the same time frame. Patients also require less treatments to achieve the same results.
The StarLux 500 comes with several of Palomar’s patented technologies:
- Advanced Contact Cooling: regarded as the best cooling system that is delivered by a single platform.
- AccuSpectrum: Light is emitted from the optimal bands of the spectrum based on treatment type. Any unnecessary or excess light is filtered out to provide maximum skin protection.
- Smooth Pulse Technology: This technology feature ensures that pulses are delivered in a smooth and consistent pattern. A single smooth pulse protects the skin from temperature damage.
- Photon Recycling: Another Palomar proprietary technology the captures scattered energy and redirects it to the target. A highly efficient energy system that reduces energy waste.
Considered Gold Standard for the following treatments (when compared to single procedure systems):
- Permanent Hair Reduction
- Photofacials (Vascular and Pigmented lesions)
- Fractional Non-Ablative Skin Resurfacing / Soft Tissue Coagulation
- Fractional Skin Tightening / Soft Tissue Coagulation
- Acne Treatments
- Leg Vein Treatments
- And more.
Handpiece Chart for the StarLux 500
Below is a chart of handpieces for the StarLux 500 and what treatments they perform. All StarLux 300 handpieces do work on the 500. Read our blog about the StarLux 300 for more information on handpieces and treatment applications.
|Lux R (large spot size)
Lux Rs (small spot size)
|Hair removal – all skin types|
|Lux Y (large spot size)
Lux Ys (small spot size)
|Hair removal for skin types I – III – hard to remove fine / light hair. Dark pigmented lesions.|
|LuxG||Photofacials for Pigmented and Vascular Lesions. Pigmented Lesions. Vascular Lesions|
|MaxG||Pigmented and vascular lesions.|
|LuxV||Pigmented lesions and Acne.|
|LuxDeepIR||Fractional Skin Tightening through soft tissue coagulation.|
|Lux1540||Fractional Skin Resurfacing and soft tissue coagulation.|
|Lux1064||Leg veins and vascular lesions.|
|Lux1440||Fractional non-ablative skin resurfacing.|
If you have any questions about Palomar handpieces or the StarLux systems, please call us at 954.254.4612 for more information.