The Palomar StarLux 300 (predecessor to the StarLux 500) is a truly versatile IPL laser that stands the test of time. What are some of the key highlights of this highly popular system?
- With the selection of handpieces available, the StarLux 300 delivers aesthetic treatments that are high in demand.
- The StarLux 300 offers patients Advanced Contact Cooling, minimizing discomfort and negative impact to a patient’s skin during procedures. Keeps skin temperature lower during the treatment process with a chilled handpiece tip.
- The system comes with AccuSpectrum which also increases patient comfort by filtering leaving no unnecessary exposure of the skin.
- Photon Recycling reduces energy loss during treatments which increases overall effectiveness.
- Wide Smooth Pulse directs more power and light energy directly into the skin. Not only is this safe and effective, but it delivers the best possible results. The Wide Smooth Pulse technology works by preventing a rapid increase in skin temperature. Other lasers use rapid pulses which have the opposite effect.
StarLux 300 Treatment Applications:
- Permanent Hair Reduction
- Leg Vein Treatments
- Photofacials (both Vascular and Pigmented lesions)
- Skin Tightening
- Fraction Non-Ablative Skin Resurfacing
- Soft Tissue Coagulation
- Acne Treatments
- And more.
What Handpieces Work with the StarLux 300?
Being the predecessor to the StarLux 500 means that all the 300 handpieces work with the 500, however not all Palomar StarLux handpieces work with the 300. Following is a complete list of handpieces that were designed to work with the StarLux 300 and their primary function.
• LuxR: Large spot size handpiece for hair removal on all skin types
• LuxRs: Small spot size handpiece for hair removal on all skin types.
• LuxY: Large spot size; removes fine / light hairs that are hard to remove (Skin types I – III). Also treats darker pigmented lesions.
• LuxYs: Smaller spot size for reaching difficult areas. Removes fine / light hairs.
• Lux IR: Fractional skin tightening through soft tissue coagulation.
• LuxG: Photofacials – pigmented lesions and vascular lesions. Telangiectasias, Rosacea and other vascular lesions.
• LuxV: Pigmented lesions and acne.
• Lux1540: Fractional skin resurfacing / soft tissue coagulation.
• Lux1064: Treatment of leg veins.
What Handpieces DO NOT WORK on the StarLux 300?
- Lux DeepIR